An excellent opportunity has come available for an NVQ Home Manager to join our Care Home within the heart of Winchester. Otterbourne Grange is a private residential care home providing care for up to 25 elderly residents.
As the Home Manager, you have overall responsibility for managing the team. As part of the leadership team, you will be responsible for ensuring the whole facility operates effectively and of course ensuring we deliver the very best quality care. You will have a competitive salary and will be required to have at least an NVQ 4 and a Registered Managers Award.
Objectives of this Role
• Ensure the delivery of quality care – continually assessing our residents’ needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
• Positively influence the reputation of the home – communicating professionally and warmly with visitors including family, friends and other external stakeholders.
• Play an active role in ensuring compliance within the home – managing the implementation of company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible care rating and other external recognition of quality.
• Maintain high standards of care, ensuring legal, regulatory and best practice guidelines are followed.
• Support the financial effectiveness of the home – ensure the home operates within budget through effective use of resources and identify areas to improve efficiency.
• Take on an active leadership role – you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
• Developing your people – oversee the induction of all new employees and participate in the training development of the team.
• People management – play an active part in the recruitment, assessment and supervision of the team.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Lead, motivate, and support the Home Managers, including setup and implementation of career development plans for all direct reports and problem resolution.
- Conduct budget reviews and report cost plans to upper management.
- Responsibility for Quality and Compliance of the 4 Homes, including carrying out at least two Full Home Quality Audits per month, and driving the required improvement to achieve a CQC Rating of Outstanding.
Skills and Qualifications
• A positive and flexible attitude and wholly adopt a person centred ethos, exhibiting empathy and a desire to make a difference.
• Be forward thinking and up to date with current practices and have a desire to maintain excellent clinical and industry knowledge.
• Strong leadership and management qualities are essential and previous experience as a home manager would be desirable.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)